Invitation to the Chicago LOFT STEM Symposium on 4/5
Just a quick post to spread the word that our first LOFT training in Chicago: the Chicago LOFT STEM Leadership Symposium. I wanted to be sure to invite all my readers to this FREE event. In past cases, this event has filled up quickly but we’d love to have all of you attend that are available on Thursday 4/5 at 530pm.
Our goal is to have 75 student participants and the event is open to high school, college, and young professionals interested in learning about STEM careers. Although our focus in Latinos, we are very open to multicultural participants as well. So please feel free to spread the word for this event with your professional networks in Chicago.
As a Board Advisor for LOFT I will be at the event. So hopefully I will see you there. See below for more information about the event.
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
Student Center West
Thompson Rooms A& B, 2nd Floor Lobby
828 S. Wolcott Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
Thursday, April 5th, 2012
5:30pm – 8:30pm
This is an exciting opportunity for students in high school, college, and young professionals to network with Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) professionals from Fortune 500 companies and learn about the diverse career opportunities available within the STEM Industry.
Come prepared to engage in:
- A dynamic and exclusive Leadership Training led by the U.S. Army. This Leadership training is designed to help student leaders define their role within their respective organizations, and encourage them to seek out leadership roles in their schools and communities.
- An insightful panel of STEM professionals showcasing their different careers paths, and the different resources and opportunities available for Latinos to enter the STEM fields.
- An opportunity to Network with STEM professionals and other emerging Latino leaders interested in STEM.
- Sponsor Give Aways/Raffle: All attendees will enter a raffle to win a free Round trip Southwest ticket to any Southwest destination of your choice. The winner will be announced during the coffee break. Additional sponsor give aways will also take place.
There is no cost to register for the event.
Dress code: business casual.
Food and refreshments will be provided.
- 5:30 – 6:00 pm Registration & Welcome Reception
- 6:00 – 6:10 pm Opening remarks
- 6:10 – 6:40 pm Army Leadership Presentation
- 6:40 – 6:55 pm Coffee Break, Career Table Networking
- 6:55 – 7:55 pm STEM Panel Presentation
- 7:55 – 8:00 pm Participant Survey
- 8:00 – 8:02 pm Closing remarks
- 8:02 – 8:30 pm Networking, Event Closes
- The U.S. Army
- CVS Caremark Workforce Initiatives
- Southwest Airlines
- University of Phoenix
Contact: Jessica Barajas at Jessica@hispanicheritage.org.