Just an hour ago, much of the world tuned in to the 2012 State of the Union address delivered by Barack Obama. No matter which side you relate to most, it’s likely you still considered tuning in. Not only was it a chance to hear one of the great orators of our time speak but it was also a chance to hear his view on what the state of the country is. And this is especially important now, as the economy is a topic of debate, the Republican primaries are heating up, and the education conversation is more heated than it’s ever been before. In this talk, Barack not only discussed these topics but he also honored Gabby Giffords for her service to the community.
Just an hour ago, Barack delivered the State of the Union address here in the US. His talk was long but many consider it to be good. As usual, there are a lot of Fact Checks as well as videos and text transcripts online. In fact, many were out there before the speech was even over (according to TV time).Below is one part of the state of the Union where Barack made a good quote. He said, “”Higher education can’t be a luxury, it’s an economic imperative that every family should be able to afford” as he told the world that Education Matters.
Below is a great video of the President honoring Gabby Giffords at the State of the Union Address. This was a great moment to watch tonight no matter which side of the isle you belong to. Especially because tonight is the eve of Gabby’s last day in office. But don’t take it from me, take it from Congress who gave Giffords a standing ovation as she entered the House chamber.
And finally, below is a list of Tweets provided by the White House during the actual talk. And see just what Barack was discussing during his 2012 address as well as a few of the hashtags and URLs with the underlying sources.
- The White House President Obama’s State of the Union just concluded. Watch a live panel with WH officials now: wh.gov/sotu Ask Qs with
- Obama: As long as we’re joined in common purpose…our future is hopeful & the state of our union will always be strong
- Obama: This nation is great because we built it together. This nation is great because we worked as a team.
- Obama: When you’re in the thick of the fight, you rise or fall as one unit, serving one nation, leaving no one behind.
- Obama: Michelle & Jill Biden have worked with American businesses to secure a pledge of 135,000
#jobs for #veterans & their families. #SOTU
- Obama: Above all, our freedom endures because of the men and women in uniform who defend it.
- Obama: America remains the one indispensable nation in world affairs & as long as I’m President, I intend to keep it that way.
- Obama: The renewal of American leadership can be felt across the globe.
- Obama: America is determined to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon & I will take no options off the table to achieve that goal
- Obama: We will stand against violence & intimidation. We will stand for the rights & dignity of all human beings
- Obama: I can do a whole lot more with your help. Because when we act together, there is nothing the USA can’t achieve.
- Obama: With or without this Congress, I will keep taking actions that help the economy grow.
- Obama: I believe what Repub…Lincoln believed…gov’t should do for people only what they cannot do better by themselves & no more
- Obama: I bet most Americans are thinking the same thing right now…nothing will get done …because Washington is broken.
- Obama: if you make under $250,000 a year, like 98% of American families, your taxes shouldn’t go up…You’re the ones who need relief
- Obama: we need to change our tax code so that people like me & an awful lot of Members of Congress, pay our fair share of taxes
- Obama: Do we want to keep these tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans? Or do we want to keep our investments in everything else
- Obama: People cannot afford losing
#40dollars out of each paycheck this year…Pass the payroll tax cut without delay #SOTU
- Obama: Our most immediate priority is stopping a tax hike on 160 million working Americans while the recovery is still fragile
- Obama: A return to the American
#values of fair play & shared responsibility will help protect our people & our economy. #sotu
- Obama: Today, American consumers finally have a watchdog in Richard Cordray with one job: to look out for them.
- Obama: I will not go back to the days when health insurance companies had unchecked power to cancel your policy, deny you coverage
- “Worth crying over spilled milk” -Obama on outdated regulation that classified milk as oil & cost farmers 10k/yr
- Obama: Millions of Americans who work hard & play by the rules every day deserve a government & a financial system that does the same
@deptofdefense, the world’s largest consumer of #energy, will make one of the largest commitments to clean energy in history #SOTU
- Obama at
#sotu: I will not walk away from the promise of clean #energy.
- Obama: This country needs an all-out, all-of-the-above strategy that develops every available source of American
- Obama: we should support…every risk-taker & entrepreneur who aspires to become the next Steve Jobs.
- Obama: You see, an economy built to last is one where we encourage the talent & ingenuity of every person in this country
- Obama: We should be working on comprehensive
#immigrationreform right now. #SOTU
- Obama: It’s time to turn our unemployment system into a reemployment system that puts people to work
- Obama: Our workers are the most productive on Earth & if the playing field is level, I promise you – America will always win
- Obama: Tonight, I’m announcing the creation of a Trade Enforcement Unit that will be charged w/ investigating unfair trade practices
- Obama: Tonight, my message to business leaders is simple: ask yourselves what you can do to bring
#jobs back to your country #SOTU
- Obama: We bet on American workers. We bet on American ingenuity & tonight, the American auto industry is back
- Obama: Tonight, I want to speak about how we move forward & lay out a blueprint for an economy that’s built to last
- Obama “American manufacturers are hiring again” -President Obama
- Obama: In the last 22 months, businesses have created more than three million
- Obama: What’s at stake are not Democratic values or Republican values, but American values. We have to reclaim them
- Obama: Think about the America within our reach…An economy built to last, where hard work pays off & responsibility is rewarded
- Obama: For the first time in two decades, Osama bin Laden is not a threat to this country.
- Obama: We gather tonight knowing that this generation of heroes has made the United States safer & more respected around the world.
No comments yet.